This guarantee is limited to basic graduation requirements of 120 minimum units including general education, upper-level and elective courses sufficient for a single major with no minor.
- Where options between courses are available, students are not guaranteed their first choice.
- This guarantee does not apply to “fifth-year” programs (teacher education credential requirements) or minimum units beyond graduation requirements (CPA qualifications, etc.) beyond the basic four-year bachelor’s degree.
- The guarantee does not apply to transfer students or to FPU's degree completion programs.
- Students not able to register for the courses needed within four years must complete the free course(s) within two terms of the end of four years (e.g. a summer and fall for those completing four years in the spring; or spring and summer for those completing four years in the fall).
- The four-year period may be extended for students required to leave the university for up to one year (see the Leave of Absence section) for medical, military or personal reasons.
- Meet with your mentor during the fall semester of the freshman year.
- Finalize a major and begin prerequisite or lower-division major courses by the second semester of the freshman year and keep that major until graduation.
- Complete at least 32 units per year (average 16 per semester) with passing grades in each course.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA and remain in good standing behaviorally with the university.
- Meet with the mentor each semester for advising before registration opens and take the courses approved by the adviser/mentor that complete general-education and major requirements, in the appropriate sequence and as they become available.
- Register within the first week of registration every semester to gain a spot in the classes needed.
- Notify mentor if unable to register for an approved course so that an alternative plan can be made.
- Apply for financial aid and submit required documents by appropriate deadlines.
- Keep student account up-to-date. (Accounts not up-to-date may be placed on hold, preventing registration for courses.)
- Complete required courses successfully (see Academic Policies section for minimum acceptable grades) without dropping required or approved courses during a semester.