Transfer Policy Update
As of Spring 2017, if you transfer to Fresno Pacific University from the California Community College system with an AA-T or AS-T, your lower division GE requirements will be fulfilled! If you have not yet completed either of those degrees, you can still submit your completed CSU-GE or IGETC-GE certification documents for review toward fulfilling GE requirements at FPU.
Note: Transfer coursework must still have a grade of C- or better for units to transfer. Completion of an AA-T, AS-T, CSU-GE Certification or IGETC-GE certification does not guarantee all coursework units will transfer to FPU. For further details, please speak to FPU's transfer admission counselor.
To see a list of Fresno Pacific University degrees that have been formally approved as "similar" to the corresponding Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT) visit our ADT Pathways Page. Look for the programs marked "Daytime traditional" if you're interested in studying on the main campus.
The following guidelines are used when considering transfer credit
- Courses are completed at a regionally or ABHE, ATS or TRACS accredited institution.
- Courses are baccalaureate-level courses.
- Student received a grade of C- or better.
- Courses/tests are not duplicate to credit already received.
- All GE and major courses must be taken for a letter grade, not a pass/fail.
- All course credit is evaluated according to transfer standards in effect at the time the official transcript is received at FPU.
* Transfer agreements are only a tool. Transfer work is not considered official until it has been evaluated by the FPU Registrar's Office.
In order to be eligible for admission, complete these steps:
- Submit an application for admission
- Request official copies of your high school and college transcripts to be sent to FPU
- Complete the FAFSA in order to be eligible for government and institutional financial aid
- ZeeMee (Optional) We've partnered with this free service that helps you bring your application to life! Copy and paste your link into the online application. Sign up at ZeeMee.com
Fresno Pacific University has a community aspect that must be experienced to be believed, so we highly encourage you to visit us. Schedule a visit and take a tour of the campus, grab a latte from the coffee shop, and get to know your counselor. Or join us for Transfer Talks which take place from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. the first Wednesday of every month (no sign-up required).
Why choose FPU? Find out what makes us stand out among all the choices out there.
We offer a variety of federal, state and private financial aid programs to assist students. More than 98 percent of FPU students receive financial assistance in the form of scholarships, loans, grants and many on-campus employment opportunities. Last year we awarded more than $29 million in financial aid, there are even scholarships just for transfer students!
Qualifying students will automatically be awarded one of the following academic scholarships upon admission to the university (amounts will vary by year). You must have 12 or more transferrable, post-high school units to be eligible. These awards are renewable each year of attendance at FPU:
- Transfer Scholar Award: 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Transfer Achievement Award: 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Transfer Academic Award: 2.4 cumulative GPA
To be considered for federal, state and FPU financial aid programs, please submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 2 (for fall enrollees) or September 2 (for spring enrolees).
- Submit the FAFSA online at fafsa.gov
- FPU's FAFSA school code is 001253
- Eligible California residents who submit the FAFSA before March 2 may be eligible for the Cal Grant program.
- Transfer your Cal Grant to FPU - call 1-888-CA-GRANT
- Submit a GPA Verification Form (verified by school of most recent attendance) to the Student Aid Commission of California by March 2, download the form at csac.ca.gov
- If you have missed the FAFSA filing date, please submit it as soon as possible as you may still be eligible for federal and institutional assistance.
Get to know your fellow Sunbirds
Join your Incoming FPU Class Facebook page to connect with other future Sunbirds and stay in-the-know for all things FPU.
Fresno Pacific University offers a variety of housing options to students. From freshmen modules to upper-classmen houses, everyone can participate in FPU’s vibrant on-campus community.